Building Dotty with Intellij IDEA
- Open New Project dialog and select
- Proceed as usual and don't forget to create or select Dotty SDK.
- Create a new Dotty SDK:
New Global Library>
- Replace Scala SDK with Dotty SDK in:
Java 1.8 should be used as the Project/Module SDK. You also need to enable the Scala Compile Server to use Dotty compiler.
- Dotty support is experimental, many features including code highlighting and worksheet are not ready yet.
- You can download the latest version of Dotty without creating a new Dotty SDK
Update snapshotbutton in the Dotty SDK library settings.
- Please report any problems to the IntelliJ Scala issue tracker or write to the IntelliJ Scala gitter